Many Americans believe that discrimination in employment is a thing of our past. Unfortunately, those who have experienced discrimination know that this is far from the truth, and that discrimination occurs on a regular basis in hiring, firing, promotion, and compensation. If you have suffered employment discrimination in Fresno, you need an attorney who understands the challenges of this area of law and can rise up to meet them in order to defend your rights. At Peter Law Group, we understand the complex interrelation of state law, federal law, and constitutional principles that all go into an employment discrimination claim. We will work with you to determine the best possible course of action for your claim.
Types of Workplace Discrimination
Discrimination happens to many different classes of people. The constitution and the laws of this state protect certain classes from discrimination in employment. Some of the protected classes that the attorneys in our office help with discrimination include:
- RACE: Racial discrimination in employment is prohibited by law. Any employer making employment decisions based on race will be responsible for damages to the victim of discrimination.
- RELIGION: Religion also cannot be used as a reason for employment decision making (unless the employer is a religious organization itself.) If you were discriminated against because of your religious beliefs, you have a right to file a discrimination claim.
- NATIONAL ORIGIN: If you have immigrated to the United States or are a descendant of immigrant parents, you have a right to not be discriminated against based on your country of origin.
- GENDER: Gender has a slightly different standard of review in the courts, but in general, you cannot be discriminated against in hiring, promotion, pay, or termination based on your gender. If you believe you have a different pay due to your gender, you can file a claim to reclaim any lost income due to discrimination.
- AGE: Age discrimination is also a serious problem in the United States. Mandatory retirement, termination at a certain age, of discrimination in wages and hiring can all be reviewed by the courts to determine whether or not the constitute discrimination.
- DISABILITY: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) made it illegal for employers to discriminate against employees based on their disabilities. In addition, many employees are required to make reasonable accommodations for disabled workers.
How Employment Law firmca Can Help You
If you experienced employment discrimination in Fresno, you have a right to file a claim against your employer. Discrimination in hiring, termination, wages, salary, work assignment, and promotion are all illegal. If you believe you may have been the victim of discrimination, one of the experienced workplace discrimination lawyers at Employment Law firmca can help you review the facts and the law and make important legal decisions about filing a claim. AtEmployment Law firmca , we have devoted our practice to helping innocent employees who are victims of discriminatory employment practice. Our compassionate team of attorneys and staff members understand the stress that discrimination can put on an employee and their families, and we will be with you every step of the way as you seek justice.